You can check the Vietnamese version in the PDF Tab.
A. General Standards
- The university guarantees the safety and security of all staff, students, visitors, vendors working and studying at the Campus. University staff, students, visitors, vendors are responsible for complying with regulations and guidelines on security, safety and fire prevention, promptly reporting to the Operation Departments and cooperating to prevent the incident of unsafe event and fire
- The Operations Department is responsible for planning to arrange appropriate security staff according to the annual budget, ensuring Campus security and safety, and ensuring:
- Do not bring weapons, flammables, explosives, banned substances into the Campus premises except for the purposes of teaching, researching or holding events approved by the competent
- Do not smoke (cigarettes, pipe tobacco, vape, …), do not use banned stimulants in the school
- Do not use alcoholic beverage, animals, or pets into the Campus premises except for approval by an authority
- Visitors and vendors must be registered and controlled.
- Timely detect, handle, and coordinate in handling security, safety, and firefighting situations
B. Specific Standards
B1. Standard of Security Staff
- Security staff show a civilized, polite, and proper attitude, always actively support employees, students, guests, vendorss but strictly handle the work in accordance with the principles.
- Observe and coordinate, control people/vehicles… in/out according to regulations; Violation behaviors are always reminded, guided, and handled promptly to keep compliance with regulations.
- Timely identify abnormal signs, theft, risk of incidents causing insecurity, unsafe event, fire event,… to coordinate with related parties to handle and avoid consequences of damage.
- The working tools of security staff are in good working condition and suitable for each position. The security guards must be skillful at using their working tools.
- Requests and complaints about security and safety (not urgent) are checked and responded to verify results within 08 working hours.
B2. Standard of Traffic Safety
Requirements of traffic vehicle drivers:
- Have a valid driver’s license to drive a vehicle on campus.
- Control the vehicle to go to the right direction; drive on the right path; to stop and park at the right place; and give way to pedestrians.
- Control the maximum speed when driving vehicle on Campus is 30km/h.
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol.
B3. Standards of Security & Safety of Facilities
- Infrastructure, equipment, tools and tools for teaching and learning are firmly installed, operated smoothly and safely.
- Ceiling, wall, brace, air conditioner vents, light troughs, ceiling fans, projectors… are reinforced and bolted to the concrete ceiling.
- The windows of the rooms must be sure, with latches, safety locks, maximum opening 35 cm.
- Function rooms: swimming pool, technical room are locked when not in use.
- Machines and equipment with strict requirements on safety are inspected, maintained, and guaranteed periodically to detect the risks and have a plan to deal with them.
- Organize a test of the working environment at least once a year to ensure that harmful factors at the workplace do not exceed the limits of national occupational hygiene standards.
- Organize daily patrols to promptly detect incident of insecurity, unsafe event, fire incident
All staff and students ensure:
- Close the window when turning on the air conditioner, before leaving Campus or when heavily raining.
- Turn off electrical appliances when not in use
- Inform personal devices that use large capacity electricity and generate heat such as heaters, … to the Operation department.
- Keep laptops, phones, high-value items in lockers or locked the rooms
- Private offices must lock doors after working hours.
B4. Standards of Emergency Response
- Operations Department build-up, fully prepare materials and equipment to respond in emergency situations and give the guidance of emergency response to staff, students, visitors, vendors.
- Organize the training of fire prevention at least once a year.
- Disaster Prevention & Mitigation: disaster information must be updated and notified at least 48 hours before being affected to proactively check, review, and respond promptly.
- Security staff and technicians coordinate well to handle emergency situations for security, safety, fire prevention informed by staff, students, visitors, vendors (via walkie-talkie, security hotline ..) as the following process:
- When receiving alarm information or requesting security assistance: Security guards
- are present within 5 minutes
- When there is a fire alarm, fire, and explosion incident: the time the security guards and technicians are present and act within 10 minutes.
- In case of elevator jams: technical staff coordinate with related departments to handle within 15 minutes. For difficult cases, especially cases: no more than 20 minutes. If this time is exceeded, technicians must report immediately to the Operations Manager.
- When receiving urgent request: using the backup key to open the door within 10 minutes.
B5. Standards of Food Safety
- Follow the regulations on food safety and hygiene VU_CSVC03
- The Operation Department ensures the quality of domestic and drinking water according to the Vietnamese National technical regulations and performs monthly testing.
B6. Standards of Campus Health Service & Sanitation
- Staff and students are given annual health check annually according to regulations and timely supported when having health problems during the time of studying and working.
- Staff and students need to submit a medical certificate to confirm with their eligibility to study and work before studying and working at the Campus.
- The role of Simulation center: periodically organize training on first aid skills for staff who regular contact with student; Students are trained in first aid skills if needed.
- Student Affairs Management Department: organize/set up the clinic room, prepare Campus health and disease prevention plans, organize communication activities on health care, disease prevention and treatment of accidents and injuries to employees and students according to regulations.
- Operation Department: organize insect control weekly; spray insects once a month; daily cleaning, daily domestic and medical waste collecting, and hazardous waste collection is carried out 2 weeks/week.
B7. Standard of Psychological Health & Safety of Students
The Student Affairs Management Department ensures:
- Students with psychological, behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and social difficulties need to be identified and discussed with the Counselor for support.
- Students are fully equipped with knowledge about handling in emergencies such as accidents, terrorism, kidnapping, acts of violence, school violence, sexual abuse, and social evils such as substance use; Students are equipped with knowledge about sex education and codes of conduct.
- The Human Resources Department ensures that employees are trained in the code of conduct with students.
B8. Safety Standard Of Indoor & Outdoor Events
- Students, staff are not allowed to swim in ponds, lakes, rivers, streams, sea around the Campus or in extracurricular activities, sightseeing without permission…
- Departments that organize events and extra-curricular activities need to ensure security, safety, and fire prevention for employees and students. With events held on Campus, departments must inform to Operations Department to coordinate and evaluate measures to ensure security, safety, and fire prevention. For events held outside the Campus, it is necessary to consult Operations Department about the plan to ensure security, safety, and fire prevention.
B9. Labor safety Standard in Construction & Use of Machinery, Equipment
- Construction contractors must register in advance, present construction methods to the Operation Department for evaluation. Before construction, vendors must do the work permits.
- Laboratories must have regulations and rules on OSH, fire prevention and fighting
- Employees and students must be guided the regulations on OSH, fire prevention and be fully equipped with personal protective equipment when working with chemicals and machinery.